Sunday, November 18, 2012

bowling / боулинг в Блокбастере

Yesterday I was out with friends and close to midnight we happened to pay a visit to one of 'entertainment' complexes (huge buildings with restaurants, cinemas, clubs, etc.
Surprisingly at 23:30 there were no movies available, so we decided to spend an hour in bowling. 
A mistake.
As far as I remembered from previous times, that precise bowling was supposed to be ok. But it wasn't.
 
 
 
At the photo of bowling balls you can have a glimpse of how awful they were: some had indentations 1cm deep (how one can do that to a bowling ball, for god's sake? it's as hard as rock) and most were greasy and sleak on the outside and inside. We had trouble throwing them, because they tried their best to slip from your hands - and I actually lost a lot of points because ball would slip form my hand at the swing. 
To hell with points, but I also hurt my hand because of that. It started to ache and last 15 minutes I played with my left hand (you remember that I'm re-taught lefty?).
Another con for that bowling clubs is the fact that they have small amount of balls less than 10kg - and those you can find have holes so narrow even my fingers can't fit in. 
It was also hard on me because usually I prefer 8kg balls, but had to deal with 10/11/12kg ones. 
Some girls around us were throwing 6kg balls from their lap, like children throw balls to one another - apparently because they didn't want to lift 10kg ones and couldn't grab 6kg ones any other way. 
It wasn't a very happy ending for the evening, I can tell you.  A shame. A shame for a place. It used to be ok.
But they charged pretty good money for that hour - 240hrn or $30.

No comments:

Post a Comment